6 Reasons to Consider Vinyl Replacement Windows
All over the United States, people are always on the lookout for ways to lower their energy bills. Nearly 45% of the typical utility bill received in households, according to reports issued by the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), is for heating of the home. Moreover, drafty, old windows can get that expensive heat out of the house and raise the bill by anywhere between 10% and 25%. The National Association of Realtors (NAR) has reported that when replacement windows are put in, that renovation can give homeowners at least 80% of their investment. When it comes to putting in new residential windows, there are a lot of options. One of the options that is gaining in popularity is vinyl replacement windows.
This is one of the newer options used by window installation companies is vinyl replacement windows. These were first introduced to the general public more than 30 thirty years ago. They have grown steadily in popularity. They are now ranked as the most popular option for new windows and window replacement across the nation. Before the advent of this kind of window frames, the only two options were aluminum and wood. There are a number of reasons these have, in large part, been replaced by vinyl.
Here are some reasons to take a look at vinyl replacement windows:
- They are incredibly durable and sturdy. Unlike their wood and aluminum counterparts, window frames that are made from vinyl do not need to be stained or painted. Moreover, the vinyl used for window frames have been improved in the last three decades. Newer vinyl is able to resist cracking, warping, warping, and fading. If they are maintained (this is very minimal) they can last for 20 years or more.
- Vinyl replacement windows are some of the most energy efficient around. Given that one great reason to replace your home’s windows is to lower your energy bills, it is important to go with an energy efficient option. The new vinyl windows are designed and constructed to be as energy efficient as possible. To augment this, you can use low-E coatings, put in double-paned glass, and add quality insulation.
- You can reduce your carbon footprint with vinyl replacement windows. These kinds of windows are far more durable than either aluminum or wood windows. Because of this, you will need to replace them much less often than the other kinds of windows. Another bonus is that the vinyl used in vinyl replacement windows can be recycled. All of that is good for the environment.
- You can get vinyl windows to match any style. There are a nearly infinite number of colors and a multitude of style options. Given that, the number of combinations of styles and colors is nearly limitless. No matter what your style or taste, you can match it by using vinyl windows on your home.
- Vinyl windows are very flexible. Not only do they come in a number of styles and a ton of different colors, but you can also get your window frames in a number of different shapes. This feature makes these kinds of window frames a good option for homes and businesses.
- Vinyl windows are very affordable. Vinyl replacement windows are some of the most cost-effective on the market today. Not only are they less expensive than their wood and aluminum counterparts but they will last longer, meaning you will not have to get them replaced as often as those made from wood or aluminum. This means you will save money in the long and short run,
Vinyl material is now used in a number of different ways around homes and businesses. It has become very popular for home siding and has been found to be, on average, approximately 26% cheaper than siding made from aluminum and 11% cheaper than cedar siding. Like the siding, vinyl replacement windows can also cost a lot less than aluminum or wood. Even if the upfront costs of picking window replacement is not your main concern, there are five other good reasons to pick vinyl as the best material for the window frames at your home. They can cut down on your heating costs, need less maintenance, come in just about every style, and are good for the environment.