When Was the Last Time You Spent Time on Your Favorite Hobby?
What a special evening for your family.
Your life has phased out of the baseball scene a bit just in time to start back in with your own kids, but your Dad continues to prove “Baseball is Life.” You are so proud of him and the dedication to the local baseball programs for the past 27 years! Your family has seen this program transform from the very beginning. Your dad used to drag the field using the family van with the kids hanging their legs out the back. You spent your week nights, weekends, and summer days on the field watching him tend to every weed, straight line, and the mowing. You remember just anxiously waiting for him to finish so you could get to the pool! Those memories are things talked about amongst your siblings often. All of these hours make tonight’s honor of renaming the local baseball diamond so heart warming. It means so much that they added the word “Family,” so the honor recognizes not only your father, but the dedication of the entire family. You might not have been physically on the field or coaching those players, but you supported and cheered your Dad on every step of the way, especially your mom, the ultimate cheerleader. What a Baseball Wife she has been and you cannot help but wonder what this final retirement might mean. Fortunately, in addition to still volunteering some of his time to the local team, he has spent time preparing his garage and shop area to accommodate all of his woodworking projects.
Woodworking Projects Help Many Retirees Stay Busy and Productive
From installing door mounted spice racks for your mom to practicing his craft with general finishes water based gel stain to create the perfect bedroom set for you and your sister, your father has always loved his woodworking projects. In fact, if your Dad was not on the baseball field it was a god bet that he was workYou are glad that your dad has his woodworking projects that can keep him busy now that he will not be spending quite so much time at the ball diamond.
Woodworking, of course, is an activity that many people of all ages enjoy. From the door and cabinet hardware that must be installed with skill to from scratch projects to create treasured family heirlooms, there are many ways that woodworking projects can add to both the beauty and value of a home. Consider some of these facts and figures about many ways that woodworking skills are used in a home or an office:
- The latest trends in home decorating indicate that as many as 47% of Millennials are likely to choose white kitchen cabinets. This compares pretty closely to the 41% of Baby Boomers who would select the same.
- Given that kitchen remodels are especially popular, it should come as no surprise that U.S. kitchen cabinet demand is projected to grow to almost $17.1 billion by the end of the year 2021.
- In addition to the money invested in remodeling kitchens and bathrooms, master bathroom remodels cost an average of $11,700, according to Houzz. All of these projects, of course, rely on high quality wood craftsmanship to get the very best results.
- Did you know that home owners remodel more than 10.2 million kitchens and 14.2 million bathrooms every year? Not surprising, it is important to know someone who can achieve the highest quality of work, especailly when it comes to woodworking.
- The latest research indicates that cabinets generally account for as much as 40% to 50% of total kitchen remodel costs, and many of these costs involve the production of the best woodworking.
- 14% of home owners planned to make improvements to their kitchens in the year 2018 alone. A major consideration, of course, is to find the right persons to build and install the highest quality cabinets.
- All of these investments are important because kitchen cabinets can last up to 50 years.
Whether you are looking for a way to install new decorative hinge options with some of your new free time after a retirement or you are looking to hire the right skilled workers to complete a new kitchen remodel, this is an investment that will provide both beauty and value to a home.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.