When Was the Last Time You Updated the Flooring in Your Home?
When you get the opportunity to remodel an existing home or you are able to plan new furniture for a brand new home it is important that you consider all of the available options. From the most popular dining room furniture pieces to more traditional tile flooring that can be used throughout a house, there are plenty of choices. When you consider your budget, color scheme, and the kind of maintenance that you want want to invest, however, you can limit the thousands of choices to a manageable few.
Flooring options are an important decision that is a part of any home remodeling and building project. In fact, while you can often change the furniture in a space or the stain or paint color on cabinets, the reality is that your flooring options often stay in a space for much longer, sometimes indefinitely.
Vinyl Flooring and Hardwood Flooring Options Provide a Great Way to Dress Up Any Space
There are many kinds of products that can help you add both function and beauty to any space. It is also important, however, to also add value to any property. Whether it is your personal home or it is a new office space, there are many times when the flooring choices that you make can help you create a beautiful space that also adds value to your property. With the right kind of laminate flooring, for instance, you are able to create a space that will allow you to easily clean up any spills, while still creating a space that matches any furniture of accessories that you bring into a space.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the home decorating industry and the many ways that it not only makes our homes and our businesses more beautiful and functional, but also how it contributes to the economy of the nation:
- Hardwood covers 34% of floors in Houzz survey participants’ homes.
- 90% of home owners indicate that they prefer hardwood or tile in the kitchen.
- 9% of Americans have not updated their home decor in more than 10 years, and almost half (47%) haven’t in the last five years.
- 54% of home buyers were willing to pay more for a home with hardwood flooring, accoding to data from the National Association of REALTORS.
- 14% of respondents said their home furnishings actually make them feel gloomy and stressed, according to a HomeGoods survey.
- 72% of home owners renovating their kitchens, while 71% are upgrading their flooring.
Dining room furniture, paint and flooring choices, and many other interior decisions help add beauty, function, and value to any space. From dining room furniture upgrades to a new flooring throughout a house, it is important to make sure that you are doing what you can to make your home space look its best.