Six Reasons To Consider Getting Replacement WIndows
There’s nothing better than looking out your front windows on a bright, sunny day to take in the view, see the birds nesting in the trees and the squirrels scurrying through your yard. Or maybe you like gazing through the windows on a rainy day, watching the raindrops hit the windows and slowly trickle down.
For as many benefits as windows provide, there’s a good chance they might also be costing you a great deal of money. According to the Department of Energy, 45 percent of the average energy bill goes toward heating. What’s more, windows that are drafty and let air escape can increase your energy bills by 10 to 25 percent.
Regardless of whether you want to lower your energy costs, make home maintenance a little easier or reduce outside noise, there are plenty of options available for getting replacement windows. There are also plenty of benefits to replacement windows. If you’re thinking about visiting a local window company to inquire about replacement windows, consider the following benefits:
- Easy Maintenance: Getting replacement windows with advanced designs helps increase their sustainability. When windows are high quality and properly maintained, they can last 20 years or more, depending on the material. If you’re chatting up a local window company about what type of window might lower your maintenance costs, look for windows that are durable, easy to clean and are of a good material. Features such as between-the-glass shades and blinds reduce the amount of time you spent cleaning your windows and also reduce dust and allergens.
- Improved Safety: Many styles of replacement windows are available with glass options that can increase the security and safety of your home. For example, laminated glass has an interlayer made of polymer that helps hold glass together if it shatters. Tempered glass is designed to break into chunks rather than shards. Finding the right type of window for your needs from a window company will leave you feeling safer and better protected.
- Better Home Value: According to the National Association of Realtors, homeowners who replace their windows can get as much as 80 percent of their investment back. On average, replacing a window costs anywhere from $300-700 per window, so getting a large chunk of that money back in the long run is a definite plus for homeowners who are considering getting replacement windows.
- Lower Energy Costs: As previously mentioned, getting replacement windows can have a very positive effect on your pocketbook. Yes, replacement windows do cost money, but they’ll also save you money in the long run. Well-insulated windows can keep extreme outdoor elements such as cold, wind and heat from affecting your home’s heating and cooling system. Depending on the window company, different types and styles of windows are offered for different climates. So if you’re looking to survive the dry heat of the South or the bitterly cold winters of the Northeast, chances are there’s a window company that can help you with that.
- UV Protection: Natural light coming in through a window can be great for reading a book, but too many ultraviolet rays can cause your home’s interior to fade. Many styles of window, such as double-pane can protect your home’s floors, walls and furnishings. Some brands and styles of window can block more than 90 percent of the sun’s UV rays.
- Looking good: Getting replacement windows installed in your home can keep you safer and reduce energy costs, but it can also make your home look good. New windows can make a home look more appealing on the outside, more appealing on the inside and can also increase your home’s value.
Whether you want to block out noise, lower your energy costs, improve the overall look and value of your home or make maintenance a little easier, replacement windows provide numerous benefits. A local window company can help you find the right residential windows for your needs at home or the right commercial windows if your office building needs new windows.